Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hey I can do this!

Well my hard work trying to search for and contact Luther Campbell aka Uncle Luke payed off tonight. I was still at work cleaning my bar when I checked my phone and saw I had an email from Luke himself. It was a very gratifying moment for me. I had spent a couple hours the previous two days trying to find as much contact information on him as well as gathering some basic information. My efforts payed off and it seems I have learned a thing or thing or two in school on finding people. So while a date and time has yet to be determined I will be interviewing Uncle Luke on his community activism in Liberty City. I won't lie until recently I was unaware that he was so active in the community and was quite intrigued when I came across his latest blog entry: Rebuild Liberty City and Overtown Instead of Tearing Down City Commissioners.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2010/03/rebuild_liberty_city_and_overt.php
Further reading into his blog, Luke's Gospel proved to be very interesting as well. So after responding to the email I rushed to finish closing my bar so I could come home and do the prep work I need to do. As much as I may have been an Uncle Luke fan and 2 Live Crew fan, I am from an expert on Luther Campbell. I realized that to do a proper interview I would have to spend a few hours gathering a basis from which I can formulate my questions and conversation with him. So here I am on my computer and have been for the last three and half hours doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment